Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Consumers who help AG's office could get up to $3K

I was just sent a link to this article from my good friend and fellow advocate, Denise Richardson (GiveMeBackMyCredit.com) and I just had to share it with all of you.
To summarize the article, The Indiana AG office wants victims of financial scams to be able to recoup legal costs through a program funded by violators of the state's consumer protection laws.  Personally, I think this is a GREAT idea.  I know that so many scam victims don't report the scams and just pay the money to make it go away instead of getting a lawyer to try to fight these cases . . . mostly because they cannot afford to get a lawyer.  This would allow them to get justice without it being an added financial burden on them.
Looks like there are a couple of lawmakers already backing this . . . Senator Richard Bray and State Representative Woody Burton.

No comments:

Post a Comment