Friday, September 4, 2009

Off-Topic: President Obama's speech to school children

Okay . . . this is a scam blog, but I am going off topic today because there is something that is really bugging me. Last night on the news I heard them talking about the speech that President Obama plans to give to children in school. From what I have heard, the overall message is to stay in school, get a good education, education is important, and set goals and look at what you can do not only for yourself but for your country . . . I am summarizing here, but you get the idea. So what I don’t understand is why everyone is so upset about President Obama giving this speech, and why some schools are talking about NOT showing it, or taping it and then decided later on if they will show it to the students. If he was planning on talking about items that don’t relate to the children in school I could understand it, but it sounds to me that he just wants to take this chance while the kids are getting back into school after the summer break to remind them how important a good education is.

No comments:

Post a Comment