Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Request to the Scammers

If you read my last blog entry, you will see that there is now a scam in which people are told that they can receive a portion of Michael Jackson’s estate. At the end of that blog I mentioned that I would now need to add another section to our message board, and now that I think about it I would need to add a new page to our website, with information on Dead Celebrity Scams.

This got me thinking about how this is a lot of work for all of the scam fighting sites to add a new page to our websites, with accurate information on how the scam works, the red flags to look for, plus a sample of one of the emails for our readers to look at. So, to help all of the scam fighting sites out, I would like to request that the scammers start sending out a press release when they create a new scam or a new variation. This press release should include the name of the scam, the date that the scammers are launching this variation, how the scam works or what older scam this is a variation on, the red flags that people should look for, along with a sample of one of the emails being used in this scam.

This would all be helpful because then as scam fighting websites we can just copy and paste this information into a new page of our websites.

Shawn Mosch
Co-Founder of ScamVictimsUnited.com
There is strength in numbers!

Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more through
http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

No comments:

Post a Comment